Tuesday 13 September 2011

And we baked and we made and we.....

Had a LOT of fun. Now don't get me wrong I am by no means Super Mum, a Domestic Goddess or anywhere remotely near, but I do want to make more of an effort, with the home, with the girls, with cutting down my screen time. All too often I find myself wasting time browsing when I could be playing with my girlie's or doing something, I don't know, a bit more productive perhaps. So I'm trying. Yesterday we baked cookies,


Yeah, so they looked a bit like 'chocolit poo's' as my daughter so eloquently put it but man! they tasted good! We built 'dent's' -  toddler speak for the hybrid that is a den and tent combined.

And we had lots of fun with some lovely friends who popped round. I love days like this, lots of children around, lovely Mummy friends. There is something about having a bit of company and understanding that makes a difference to your day wether you are two or twenty seven! 

Today has been quiet in comparison, but whilst Elsie napped this morning Moo and I made some playdough that we both enjoyed playing with.

You cant see clearly here but, I made her a little cat which she loved but decided needed some eyes. After we had made the cat some eyes she decided the cat needed a shed to sit on so we had to make that as well! (Our next door neighbours cat likes to sit on our shed and sunbathe and since she was tiny she would point with glee at the cat which we can see perfectly through our window) It's lovely to see her imagination and creativity develop. She loves measuring and pouring and really enjoyed watching the dough turn from liquidy goo to proper playdough.

Elsie has been a bit out of sorts since having her second set of baby jabs yesterday poor lamby. We decided to delay them for a variety of reasons but felt we had made an informed, educated choice, a decision that at the end of the day is ours to make. Unfortunately it seemed that the Nurse who gave Elsie her imms didn't agree and didn't exactly hold back on letting me know what she thought of our decision to delay which left me feeling shocked and upset. Our plan has always been to immunise but to do what feels right for our family and see no particular reason to stick to the NHS's schedule. At the end of the day we just have to feel secure in the knowledge that we made the right decision for our tiny girl, a decision that at the end of the day is ours to make.

I'll leave with a picture of my not-quite-so-tiny-anymore girly wearing her lovely Charlotte Dress which is more like a top these days! Oh well, it's to be passed on to a little girl who could arrive any day now, our close friend and Elsie's Godmummy's little one who I'm hoping to have the privilege of being at her birth, but more on that another day!

Nim x



No comments:

Post a Comment