Tuesday 20 September 2011

Precious moments

Today im grinning, a bit like a chesire cat. My lovely friend Meg had her second baby at home at lunch time yesterday. You know the one that I was hoping to be there for....except the baby arrived about 10 minutes before I did!
 Whilst I am very disapointed not to have been there, arranging last minute childcare for my little ones plus getting to Megs house plus a pretty speedy labour (under 3 hours!) meant I got a phonecall from Meggy's husband when I was 5 minutes away to say "Ummm we have a baby". I knew as soon as his name flashed up on my phone that Baby had arrived. And arrived she had! Beautiful Winifred was snuggled up on her Mama's chest when I walked in. I felt so honoured and privildged to have been her very first visitor and to see her so fresh and new, perfect, pink and plump.
  What an honour to witness the miracle of new life, to marvel at it, life changing in so many ways yet somehow so everyday. How lovely to be there when she fed for the first time, nuzzling into her Mama's breast making contented snuffly noises. To see her cradled in her Daddy's arms, to hear him singing lovingly to her. To see my beautiful, strong, amazing friend tucked up in bed with her precious girl snuggled on her chest.
  No monitors, no being seperated, no Daddy having to leave and go home. Just normal birth as it can be. Family. Home. Precious moments.

Nim x

No comments:

Post a Comment